Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zucchini, Squash and Ricotta Tart





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
 

Actually it's a galette but since I had to google galette I figured I'd call it a tart. I got this recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers, Erin, over at NaturallyElla (no her name is not Ella it's Erin, no I don't know why the blog isn't called NatruallyErin).

I'm not reposting the recipe since you can just click over but I'll give you some quick tips. I tweeked the recipe a little to accomodate my laziness lack of ingredients. Don't let the dough scare you way - it's easy I promise. I don't have food processor but my ninja worked fine. Pour the water slowly, I over watered it and had to use A LOT of flour when I rolled it out. I'd also make the dough way ahead because it didn't chill enough for me which I think contributed to the stickiness of the dough.

I omited the honey and used basil instead of thyme in the filling. No reason, just because I have a ton of basil and I didn't see the need for the honey. I upped the mozzerella to 1/2 a cup because that's how much I shredded.

Here's what I did for the zucchini/squash slices since they zucchini cooked up great for me. I sliced them about a quarter of an inch thick. I layed them on a cookie rack then sprinkled generously with salt. After about 20 minutes I flipped them over and sprinkled the other side with salt. Ohh and I put the rack over the sink so they wouldn't drip all over my counter. Then when it was time to assemble the tart I dabbed both sides with a paper towel. You'll know when they've sat long enough because they become pliable and soft, almost like they've cooked a little bit. Next time I'll sprinkle a little cheese on top to get a nice brown crustiness.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Happy Baking!


2 comments:

  1. I'm too lazy to bake things, but I really would appreciate if you mailed me one :) xoxo loves you.

    ReplyDelete